Damon Chetson is a skilled trial lawyer and SuperLawyer who is a North Carolina Board Certified Specialist and State and Federal Criminal Law.
Mr. Chetson has tried numerous cases to state and federal trials, including, along with a team of attorneys and specialists, helping to win a life sentence for a man who state prosecutors hoped to put to death.
Mr. Chetson applies his skills as a trial lawyer in cases involving a range of civil and criminal legal issues, including investigations involving white collar crimes, SafeSport and Title IX university and college related cases, and civil disputes.
The Chetson Firm represents people and organizations in the following:
- State criminal cases and investigations
- Federal and Government investigations and criminal cases
- SafeSport investigations and proceedings
- Title IX investigations by school, university, and colleges
- Student conduct investigations into allegations of sexual misconduct
- Civil disputes, particularly related to employment or Aircraft/FAA/FAR/NTSB proceedings
- Contract disputes
- All manner of disputes over Equestrian/Horse/Sport Horse, including horse sales, horse fraud
As a result of his work defending people for the last decade accused of the most serious sex offenses, kidnappings, white-collar, and gun charges, Mr. Chetson is well-equipped to defend people accused of sexual misconduct, sexual harassment, and #MeToo related offenses.
Mr. Chetson works with a wide range of experts who understand the importance of protecting reputations, of defending individuals wrongfully accused of sexual misconduct, and protecting careers and livelihoods.