Wake County’s Disposition Court in room 1A of the Wake County Courthouse (316 S. Fayetteville St., Raleigh, NC) is a special courtroom set up in the mid-1990s to handle minor traffic violations.

Since Raleigh, Cary, Apex, Fuquay Varina, and all the other communities in Wake County have grown so much in the last 20 years, and police issue so many minor traffic violations, the court established a special courtroom where things could be handled more informally, and where drivers could argue their cases.

If you have a ticket that you need to pay (and do not wish to challenge) you can mail a certified check or money order in the total amount listed on the ticket to the Clerk of the Superior Court at:

Clerk of Superior Court
ATTN: Criminal Division – Traffic
PO Box 351
Raleigh NC 27602-0351

Make sure you indicate on the check that the date you received the traffic ticket and the traffic ticket number so that your payment is properly recorded.

If you don’t pay before the court date, or if you wish to challenge the ticket because you think you did nothing wrong, you can call The Chetson Firm at (919) 352-9411 or email at info@chetson.com for some free advice, or you can challenge the ticket on your own by showing up and court and contesting the ticket.

For more on the Disposition Court’s history, visit Wake County’s website.

Damon Chetson - 994 posts

Damon Chetson is a Board Certified Specialist in State and Federal Criminal Law. He represents people charged with serious and minor offenses in Raleigh, Wake County, and the Eastern District of North Carolina. Call (919) 352-9411.

Criminal Process, Misdemeanors, Traffic Offenses