If you’ve been charged in a domestic-violence related case or are facing a 50B domestic violence civil complaint, you may be ordered to undergo some sort of treatment.

Or, after talking with your lawyer, you and your lawyer may decide that preemptively seeking treatment will improve your chances for a positive outcome in your case.

Either these approaches can be taken because they can create opportunities for a better outcome in court, or they can be taken because treatment is important to resolve the underlying issue that gives rise to poor behavior.

State Certified Batterers Treatment Program

Wake Choosing To Change 4109 Wake Forest Rd. Raleigh, NC 27609
Spanish Available: Yes
Group Type: Men, Women 
Tel: 919-834-0437 
Joy Curry

Wake CosTran Batterer Intervention Program 1011 Schaub Dr. Raleigh, NC 27606
Spanish Available: Yes 
Group Type: Men, Women 
Tel: 919-836-9021 
Michael Glass 

Wake DOSE/Triangle Family Services 3937 Western Blvd. Raleigh, NC 27606 
Spanish Available: Yes 
Group Type: Men, Women 
Tel: 919-518-9438 
Lisa Draper

Substance Abuse Treatment

You may be required or recommended to participate in a substance abuse treatment program.

Southlight Judicial Services
919-828-4892 ext. 1207
12 West Martin Street
Raleigh, NC 27601

CosTran, Inc.
1011 Schaub Drive, Suite 106
Raleigh, NC 27606
(919) 836-9021

First Step Services, LLC – Raleigh
211 Six Forks Rd, Suite 117
Raleigh, NC 27609
(919) 833-8899

First Step Services, LLC – Garner
136 Hwy 70 E., Suite 201
Garner, NC 27529
(919) 329-9400

First Step Services, LLC – Durham
3325 Chapel Hill Blvd.,
Durham, NC 27707
(919) 419-0229
First Step
[Raleigh, Garner & Durham locations.]

Arbor Counseling and Substance Abuse Services, PA
1040 Barrett Drive, Suite 101
Raleigh, NC 27609
(919) 788-8002

Behavioral Healthcare Systems
33 W. Davie Street
Raleigh, NC 27601
(919) 828-9007


SAFEchild is a ten to fifteen session program for people charged or convicted of crimes involving minors.

864 W. Morgan Street 27603
FAX: 919-743-6143

Mental Health Assessments

In some cases you may be advised to obtain a mental health assessment and comply with recommended treatment, or visit a therapist. Such assessments can usually be given by any licensed therapist or psychiatrist. You should talk to your lawyer to receive recommendations about the sort of place that will give you a mental health assessment or treatment to satisfy the terms of your agreement with the State.

Damon Chetson - 1008 posts

Damon Chetson is a Board Certified Specialist in State and Federal Criminal Law. He represents people charged with serious and minor offenses in Raleigh, Wake County, and the Eastern District of North Carolina. Call (919) 352-9411.

Raleigh Criminal Lawyer, Treatment