19 W. Hargett St.
Raleigh, NC 27601
The Chetson Firm has represented thousands of clients facing the most serious criminal charges in state and federal court.
Damon Chetson (resume) is a Board Certified Specialist in State and Federal Criminal Law. He represents people charged with serious and minor crimes in Raleigh and the surrounding Research Triangle. He maintains an active state and federal criminal law practice and is admitted to practice before the state courts of North Carolina and the federal courts of the Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of North Carolina and the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Mr. Chetson has represented more than 1500 people in charges ranging from serious and violent crimes, homicides, public corruption, bank robbery, state and federal drug conspiracies, and drug trafficking, sex offenses, frauds and embezzlements, bank robbery, pollution crimes, trademark violations, serious child abuse cases, gun offenses, kidnappings, burglaries, and Driving While Impaired (DWI), misdemeanor drug cases, larcenies, and assaults in Wake, Chatham, Orange, Durham, Johnston, and Pitt Counties and the Eastern District and Middle District of North Carolina.
- Board Certified Specialist in State and Federal Criminal Law
- Owner, The Chetson Firm, PLLC, 2009-present
- Felony Law Clerk, Wake County Office of the Public Defender, 2008-2009
- Criminal Justice Act Panel Attorney, Eastern District of North Carolina
- Panel Attorney, Office of the Capital Defender, North Carolina
- Multiple Jury Trials to Verdict, including Homicide, Death Penalty, Embezzlement, Drug Trafficking
- North Carolina (all state courts)
- Eastern District of North Carolina (federal court)
- Middle District of North Carolina (federal court)
- Western District of North Carolina (federal court)
- Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals (federal appellate court)
- J.D., The University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, 2009
- M.A., History, University of Virginia, 1997
- B.A., History, University of Pennsylvania (Ivy League), 1994
Awards & Recognition:
- Board Certified Specialist in State and Federal Criminal Law (North Carolina Bar)
- SuperLawyer, Rising Star, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
Presentations & Publications
- Ethics and Social Media, Greensboro, NCAJ CLE, February 2016
- North Carolina General Practitioners Guide to Criminal Law (Chapter 8: Search & Seizure), 2016
- "Perfect 10 and Contributory Liability," North Carolina Journal of Law and Technology, 2007
- 10th Judicial District Bar Association
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice
- North Carolina Bar Association